Monday, July 25, 2011

Places: The Grove in LA




I am from LA, yet this was my first trip to The Grove. I LOVED IT. There's a farmer's market and a Nordstroms in one place. Need I say more? They had kettle corn, fruits, veggies, and SHADE. You know, it is hot in CA. Very hot. Although, I heard in TX it is extremely lot. The east coast is hot now too, right? HAHA CA WEATHER IS AWESOME.

The pretty girl in the top picture is obviously not me. That's my wonderful friend of over...I want to say...15 years? I've lost count. We've been friends since we were in the first grade. Now, aren't we so wonderful. <3
Next, it's me!!! Yeah. It's not like a picture of me on this blog is something new. I think I have made that exact same face and pose like 10000000000x.

At The Grove, which I forgot to mention is a huge outdoor shopping area and farmer's market, we ate at this restaurant called La Piazza. I had the La Caprese (pic 3), and my wonderful friend had the pizza. It was pretty delicious, but the La Caprese, while it was delicious with it's basil infused olive oil on top and soft mozzarella cheese, was a bit oilier than I expected. AND ONLY TWO HUGE BASIL LEAVES. I should have brought the organic ones I grow in my garden. Slicing basil leaves is hard. But all in all, it was delicious fare.

To anyone visiting CA, I would definitely recommend this place as a day stop. It's in the heart of LA, and it exudes LA-ness from the people to the shops.   

No comments: